Vacuuming — the chore that needs to be done, but no one really likes doing. After all, once the mess has been cleaned up, chances are there will be a new mess the next day. Our goal at Help Advisors is to make your job easier by listing our 10 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners .
Now you can relax as a machine does the work for you. To help you navigate through the many products in this new field, we’ve compiled our list through online reviews and research.
Top Pick: Roomba 980
Pricier than most robot vacuum cleaners, the Roomba 980 is best when it comes to convenience and a quality clean.
One of the fantastic add-on features to this Roomba model is the AeroForce Cleaning System with Power Boost. Through this technology, advanced censors can detect the flooring type – such as carpeting or rug – and automatically increase the suction power to pick up dust and dirt. (also great for pet hair!)
Also the iRobot mobile app (named HOME app) lets you decide when it should begin vacuuming – super handy when traveling. You can also give it a weekly cleaning schedule. >
The Deik Robot Vacuum Cleaner has five cleaning modes to ensure that no matter what kind of mess has been made, it can handle it. These include auto cleaning, spot cleaning, wall follow cleaning, and turbo boost cleaning. There is also a cleaning mode that uses a gyro sensor. The Deik Robot Vacuum Cleaner is capable of sweeping, vacuuming, and wet or dry mopping which are nice features to have in one appliance.
- has a 15-month warranty
- comes with smart water tank, remote control, AC power adapter, charging base, 4 side brushes, HEPA filter
- includes a programmable schedule that allows you to set up the vacuum before you go to work
- while the vacuum boasts of upgraded sensor technology, there is never a guarantee that it won’t damage breakable furniture
- might have a hard time returning to its docking station
There is perhaps nothing more synonymous to robotic vacuums than the Roomba, which has been at the forefront of this latest technological advancement. The iRobot Roomba 652 is not the latest model, but has many of the best nuances you would expect. From intelligent sensors to auto-adjustment, the Roomba tries its best to clean every nook and cranny in your house.
- comes with charging station, extra filter, and manual
- can create up to 7 different cleaning schedules, or if need be, just press the Clean button
- has dual multi-sensor brushes that are capable of picking up both tiny and large items
- has dirt detect sensors that hone in on high-traffic areas of the house to focus on
- Even though the Roomba 652 can handle many flooring types, it does tend to hit furniture at full speed
The ILIFE V3s is a robotic vacuum cleaner made specifically for pet owners. It understands that man’s best friend needs a powerful ally to keep the house clean. With a sleek design, this powerful robotic vacuum cleaner works best on hardwood or laminate floors.
- comes with remote control, AC adapter, charging dock, extra filter, extra side brush, cleaning brush, and mop cloth
- specifically designed for houses with pets
- there are 14 sets of smart sensors which prevent bumping furniture and falling down stairs
- 4 cleaning modes allow you to adapt to the mess
- doesn’t work on overly cluttered floors
- filter needs to be cleaned monthly, especially if there are multiple pets in the house
The Xiami Mi is in the upper echelon of robot vacuum cleaners. It has a hefty price tag, which is justified by its intense technological specifications. This vacuum cleaner has a WIFI connection straight to your phone and has an intelligent planning path so that nothing is ever knocked over. It understands where the most amount of traffic in the home is and ensures that these places are cleaned the most.
- comes with plug adapter, charging dock, water tank, and mopping pad
- has automatic cleaning modes for home and office
- has an automatic charging feature
- the price can be a big turnoff for a lot of people
The Haier XShuat T370 is a robot vacuum cleaner capable of finding every bit of hidden pet hair. It can sweep and mop and cleans all corners of the house including under the bed and around clutter.
- 3 cleaning modes include spot cleaning, edge cleaning, and Z-shaped cleaning
- automatically self charges by returning to the docking station
- spends 90 minutes cleaning and 30 minutes charging
- can be controlled by remote and voice activation
- when syncing up with voice activation (Siri or Alexa) voice commands need to be very clear
Powered by your smart phone, the Ecovacs Deebot N79 allows you to monitor your cleaning needs and respond in kind with the robotic vacuum cleaner. It is compatible with both Apple and Android devices. This robotic vacuum cleaner comes with smart motion navigation and has three specialized cleaning modes.
- comes with remote control, power adapter, docking station, sponge filter, 4 side brushes, and 2 filters
- comes with a 1-year warranty
- some possible mechanical issues
- not compatible with Amazon Alexa
Not to be confused with the N79 model, the Deebot N78 is a good option for those looking for a robot vacuum cleaner without too many bells and whistles. While the N79 is WIFI compatible, this model is controlled manually. It does, however, offer the suction and cleaning power associated with the Ecovacs company.
- comes with remote control, docking station, and AC adapter
- comes with a 1-year warranty
- has an automatic charging function as well as the ability to set daily schedules
- a more basic model that can’t be controlled via smartphone
Instead of worrying about the constant need to sweep or vacuum, Neato’s LaserSmart technology is able to map your home’s layout and plan a cleaning route to hit each area. You’ll also fall in love with its SpinFlow power cleaning for super vacuum suction.
If you have pets or allergies, then you know the importance of keeping your house clean. Pet hair and dust need to be eliminated in order for you to breathe easier.
Botvac’s D-shape design is great at getting into corners and tight spaces and its navigation system stops it from bumping into objects. When it’s finished with the cleaning route, like the Roomba, it returns back to the charging base.
- comes with combo and blade brushes that can be swapped out, depending on your cleaning needs
- automatically returns to charger and once charged, resumes cleaning
- navigation system includes scanning, mapping and, most importantly, cleaning
- can sometimes get stuck under objects like beds
- some minor mechanical issues arise
Unlike the ILIFE V3s robot vacuum cleaner that is geared specifically for pet owners, the A4s is an all-purpose robot vacuum cleaner built for any type of mess. It has a three-step cleaning system and multiple smart sensors so that it never bumps into walls or falls down stairs. When the battery runs low it automatically returns to its docking station to recharge.
Pet hair is where most robotic vacuums have difficulty cleaning, but the V3 doesn’t have a problem – whether it’s on carpet or hardwood flooring, this robot can do the job!
- comes with charging base, AC adapter, side brushes, and a set of filters
- comes with a 12-month warranty
- battery life is 140 minutes which is longer than most other robot vacuum cleaners
- some mechanical issues with returning to its docking station on its own
For those looking for the epitome of robot vacuum cleaners that can be controlled via WIFI, this is the machine for you. It is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, or can be connected to any smartphone. Its powerful suction will clean your house and rid your floors of just about anything.
With its new mapping technology, iRobot claims the Roomba 980 can vacuum the entire home. If it’s unable to complete the job on a single run (approximately 2-hours), it returns to it automatically returns to the recharging dock and completes the job when fully charged.
The 980 is extremely advanced and can detect any flooring surface – when on carpeting it increases suction power to pick up dust and pet dander. It moves smoothly on hardwood surfaces and unlike the Roomba 652, won’t crash into furniture at full speed.
It’s much more expensive than most, but if price isn’t a huge concern we think you’ll absolutely love this robot vacuum.
- comes with charging station, 2 dual mode virtual war barriers, side brush, and filter
- has a charge of 120-minutes after which it returns to its docking station
- the iRobot HOME app allows you to schedule cleaning times and document preferences
- because of its vast capabilities, the price point is out of a lot of people’s budgets
- much more expensive than previous Roomba models