Best Ice Makers Review – Top 10 List
We’ve all been there – there’s a party going on, someone needs a cold drink, but unfortunately all the ice is gone.
To avoid this debacle, why not invest in a quality ice maker?
Below is the list of our favorite ice maker machines.
The Costway Ice Maker Machine has a sleek design and will fit nicely onto any kitchen counter.
Capable of producing a lot of ice within 24-hour period – ice machine basket can hold 1.5 lbs of ice and create up to 26 lbs of ice in 1-day.
It’s also one of the fastest ice makers on the market. Creates ready-to-serve chilled ice in an average of 8-minutes.
Strong reviews online note the ice bullet design . They’re small enough to fit into any cup or glass – plus they look nice in a cocktail!
In terms of performance it’s ideally used for hosting several guests for an extended period. Some of the smaller ice machines can’t handle the output throughout the day – not an issue with the Costway though.
F avorite among party hosts and small weddings.
Perfect for a hot day and portable – it’s small enough to be moved upstairs and downstairs.
- Compact and portable and can be moved to anywhere in your house that you need it most
- 4 colors available: red, black, white, and silver
- Rectangular in shape and has a sleep design
- In 24 hours can produce 26 lbs of ice
- Ice cube basket has a capacity of 1.5 lbs of ice
- Time it takes to make one batch of ice is 8 minutes
- Light indicator shows when the water level in reservoir is low
- Light indicator also shows when ice basket is full
- Control panel is digital and easy to program
- Cubes are on the smaller size
- Ice be a bit soft when it is made
The Homelabs Ice Maker Machine is rated an Amazon Choice with strong buyer reviews. Reviews Here >
Single ice batch can be made in just 8-12 minutes.
Within 1-day it can create 26-pounds and can store 1.5-pounds at a time.
True countertop ice machine – silver color goes well with any kitchen color scheme and doesn’t take up too much space. It’s also small and easy to carry – portable around the house or take it with you to a party.
While a batch of ice can be made in less than 12 minutes, be sure to remove it from the basket quickly or it can start to melt.
- Compact and great for kitchen countertops
- Silver in color
- Makes 26 pounds of ice in one day
- Able to store 1.5 pounds of ice before needing to be emptied
- Ice cubes are ready in 8 to 12 minutes
- Ice cubes are shaped like bullets
- Quiet compressor so you won’t have a noisy kitchen
- Automatic shut off give peace of mind
- Comes with a BPA-free plastic ice scoop and ice basket
- Ice melts quickly after being placed in the basket
EdgeStar Ice Makers are stylish with its stainless-steel design.
It is large and boasts the ability to make 48 pounds of ice in a day. Unless you’re hosting a 100-person wedding, this large capacity ice maker should be able to get the job done.
Large batch of ice can be made in 10-minutes.
- Stylish design to fit your kitchen décor
- Comes in stainless-steel color
- One batch of ice takes about 10 minutes to produce
- 2.6 lbs of ice can be stored at one time
- 3 different ice cube sizes means you can personalize your ice to meet your needs
- 24 hour period can produce 48 lbs of ice
- Includes a self-cleaning function
- Amount of ice it makes is less than what is advertised
The RCA Compact Ice Maker is a beautifully designed, compact machine. It can quickly make ice to serve all your party guests – produces ice within 6-minutes.
Ice is served in 2 sizes : large or small
There have been issues with the customer service, as this machine is sometimes distributed under a different company name.
- Small and rectangular in size
- 4 colors to choose from include red, black, silver, and white
- Makes 1.5 lbs of ice in each batch which empties into the basket
- 24 hour period of time can create a total of 26 lbs of ice
- One batch takes 6 minutes to make a basket of ice
- LED control panel has touch buttons and is easy to use
- Company uses a distributor to make these machines and customer service is not always helpful
Voted #1 Best Seller on Amazon See Here >
The NutriChef Ice Maker is a portable machine that allows you to have a constant supply of ice.
Produces up to 33 pounds of ice per day! (and in 2-different ice sizes). Speed for a full batch is about 9-minutes.
Looks nice on any kitchen countertop – light silver and rectangular shape won’t take up too much room.
- Rectangular shape with silver color
- Batch of ice takes 10 minutes to make
- Very quiet so it doesn’t disturb anyone
- Able to make 33 lbs of ice per day
- 2 ice cube sizes available to choose from: small and large
- Able to connect directly to a water source for continual use
- Water reservoir holds 1.8 litres of water
- Takes a while for the plastic taste to leave the ice
The NewAir Ice Maker is billed as a portable machine, but it is a bit larger than its competition.
Able to make a whopping 50 pounds of ice in 7-minutes. That’s one of the biggest and fastest ice machines for a home kitchen (commercial ice machines can do a lot more – those are expensive though!)
Indicator light will tell you when you need to add more water – you won’t need to keep checking. Not all ice makers have this and it’s a small but noticeable feature.
- Large in size, but still portable
- Comes in 3 colors: red, white, and stainless steel
- Makes up to 50 pounds of ice per day, which is much more than other portable ice makers
- Batch of ice takes about 7 minutes to make
- Ice is bullet-shaped
- Indicator light tells you when ice basket is full and when water is low
- Not the best customer service
NutriChef Digital Ice Maker Machine is designed for the countertop, but is large enough to meet all your ice needs – 33 pounds/day with a batch taking 10-mins on average.
R elatively quiet so that you can still have a conversation next to it.
Stainless steel design means it goes with mostly any kitchen decor and countertop color.
One of the best parts is the noise level. Online reviews note its quietness and reliability. Reviews Here >
- Rectangular in shape with stainless steel design
- Able to make 33 lbs of ice per day
- 3 different ice cube sizes: small, medium, and large
- One batch of ice takes 10 minutes to make
- Quiet so it won’t disrupt your party
- Window design allows you to see ice levels
- LED digital display is easy to use and control setting
- Water reservoir is 2.2 litres large
- Indicator light tells you when to add water and when to empty ice tray
- Remove ice quickly or it melt
The FirstBuild Ice Maker is at the top of its class.
Produces a lot of ice (26 lbs) and what’s best is that the ice won’t immediately melt – ice is made at a lower temperature and the bucket is manufactured specifically to stay cooler.
You can control this ice machine via Bluetooth using FirstBuild’s mobile app.
- Produces 1 lb of ice each hour
- One batch of ice takes 15 minutes to make
- Small, portable, and perfect for a countertop
- Bluetooth so you can control the ice maker from your phone or tablet
- Comes with a FirstBuild app to manage your ice needs
- More expensive than other machines
Gourmia Ice Makers is the perfect solution if you travel and need a countertop ice maker.
Can make 26 pounds of ice in a day and will keep the ice cold until you need it. Average batch takes 10-minutes and you can choose from 3 different ice sizes.
If there are any issues, a simple unplugging will help alleviate them. (*noted from online reviews)
- Compact and perfect for a countertop
- Portable and can be used for a party or in an RV for traveling
- One batch of ice takes 10 minutes to make
- Able to make 26 lbs of ice per day
- 3 ice cube sizes to choose from
- Display is LCD, clear, and easy to use
- Display includes a refill alarm, clock, timer, and auto start/stop function
- 100% fully guaranteed to give you peace of mind
- need to unplug machine to restart it
The Black + Decker Ice Maker is made from a reputable brand known for its durability and craftsmanship.
Able to produce 26 pounds of ice in a day , this ice maker is great for parties or really hot days. Average batch will take 10-minutes.
Ice can melt quickly after use, so be sure to use it right away, or if possible, transfer it to a freezer.
- Compact, stylish, and convenient
- Stainless steel in color with a blue LCD display
- Able to produce 26 lbs of ice per day
- Takes 10 minutes to makes one batch of ice
- Ice cubes come in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large
- Ice can melt fast after being made